Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fudge Jumbles!

Can someone please tell me they remember Fudge Jumbles. It was a mix you bought at the store that made these cookie/cake type brownies. So good! Very 80s. No one I asks remembers, so to make sure I wasn't imagining things, I did a search and found this link about them. At least I know someone remembers them now and they really did exist! Someone posted this recipe for those of us that miss Fudge Jumbles. I haven't tried it yet but I plan to soon.

FUDGE JUMBLIES RECIPE
1 c. butter
2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
3 c. quick oatmeal
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped walnuts
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and mix. Add vanilla. Sift flour, soda and salt, stir. Add oatmeal and stir. Spread 2/3 of mixture in a greased 9 x 12 pan. Melt in microwave sweetened milk, chocolate chips, butter, salt. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour over mixture in pan. Drop remaining dough in dots over chocolate mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

No comments: