Sunday, September 28, 2008

Baby Loves Disco

Well mommy loves disco so I was sure baby would, and she did! On Saturday, my husband, daughter and I went to Baby Loves Disco for the first time. If you have never heard of it you can read more about it on their website. Basically it is a dance club that is kid and family friendly held on a Saturday afternoon. Once a month in many cities around the US they hold Baby Loves Disco at a local club. Here in Houston it is held at a longtime nightclub which they ensure is cleaned very well before the event. I have been to this club in my younger days and I still cringed every time my daughter touched the floor, or anything else for that matter. There was lots of anti-bacterial hand spray on hand though! It was actually a lot of fun. She seemed to enjoy it. She danced around and they have little shakers and hula hoops for the kids. A DJ plays 70s, 80s, and 90s dance music at a much lower decibel than normal. There is free food, juice boxes, and the bar is even open for the adults, just make sure to follow the rule and keep your drink 3 feet above the floor at all times! They have a face painter and some other treats for the kids. There are some tables set up with advertisers and some freebies and gift bags when you leave. There is also a room to relax in, feed the baby, or just take a break from dancing. The older kids there seemed to be having a great time. It is a great place to go with a group of friends who have kids. The only drawback is that admission is $12 "per walking human" as they say on their website. I thought $12 was a little high for a one year old. I would still recommend trying it out, especially if your child is 3 years or older. It's something fun for the family to do on a Saturday, and you can reminiscence about your old club days.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like fun. Cute little dress, too.

You're the winner of the bracelet giveaway on my blog onelittlebirdy.blogspot.com

You can leave a comment for me there, drop an etsy convo my way, or send an email to emilyallean[at]yahoo.com with your wrist measurement and your address :)