Friday, August 21, 2009

Word of the Day

I have never had a word of the day post and don't plan to make it a weekly thing, but I have a new favorite word (and nothing else to write about today honestly)! It involves a funny story, but it's too long to explain and probably wouldn't be funny in writing. So, go out today and use this word. I'm sure you come across a lot of them throughout the day. I know I do!

Curmudgeon -

–noun
a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person.

Synonyms:grouch, crank, bear, sourpuss, crosspatch.


*I went to Target right after I wrote this post and my cashier was a huge curmudgeon. A prime example! Her face should be next to the word in the dictionary for sure!

1 comment:

Zingo Tots said...

Ha ha ha! I can GUESS why you are talking about curmudgeons today! Yesterday, my husband acted like a curmudgeon.