Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer's End...A Big Ole End

So as summer comes to an end, it's time to reminisce. Not that summer will end in Houston for 2 more months. It will probably be 100 degrees until Halloween. But anyway, I made it through and I put on a bathing suit and took my daughter to swimming lessons, so I thought I'd repost this poem (if you can call it that) which I wrote at the beginning of the summer at the thought of putting on that bathing suit. I posted it on my personal blog, but that blog only had 4 posts! I have now combined my business and personal blogs into one. Oh right, my wonderful poem, here it is...

Ode to My Bathing Suit

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit, It's that time of year.
The first time since the baby's been here.

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit, You make me so sad.
How can such a small piece of fabric make my butt look so bad?

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit. You fill me with fear.
The whispers and laughs I can already hear.

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit, You are tiny and tight.
I just want cry at the blubbery sight.

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit, You're not my friend.
I try and I push and I squeeze it all in.

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit, Why can't you have sleeves?
Maybe if I suck in and try not to breathe.

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit, You're tinier than I remember.
Oh how I wish it was the month of December.

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit, I'm going to be brave.
Oh crap, look at that, now I have to shave.

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit, You used to look so good on me.
But that was long ago before I had a baby.

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit, You will not win.
I must put you on, my baby wants to swim!

Oh bathing suit, Oh bathing suit, I know you're laughing at me.
But screw you bathing suit! Cellulite be free!

No comments: