Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Best Chocolate Cake Ever

I'm a frosting girl. I love frosting. I usually only like cake with frosting. Well not anymore! A lady at my husband's work made a cake for his birthday and some other co-worker's birthdays earlier this week. He brought home a few pieces. It didn't look so special. He's not a cake person at all and he said it was really good. Well I would never miss the chance to eat some cake so I tried it. Well, more like I ate every bite of it. It was SO FREAKING GOOD! Here is the recipe. Super easy!

The Best Chocolate Cake Ever

1 box chocolate cake mix (any kind, but I prefer to use the Duncan Hines dark chocolate)
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups sour cream
1 cup butter (2 sticks) (softened to room temp)
5 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Powdered sugar or Hershey bar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°. Thoroughly grease a Bundt cake pan. Stir together the cake mix and pudding mix. Add sour cream, butter, eggs and vanilla. Blend until combined. The texture will be like a chocolate mousse. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove it from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.

If you wish, you may dust the cake with powdered sugar or drizzle the cake with a melted Hershey bar.

You can make this cake using vanilla ingredients, but omit the vanilla chips. They sink to the bottom of the cake and cause it to stick no matter how well you grease the pan

2 comments:

Zingo Tots said...

Hmmmm....with all of this new knowledge....I wonder why I didn't get one today for my birthday!
HA!
J/K! Looks really good and I may have to try it soon....and then bring half of it over to you! Friends dont let friends eat cake alone!

Zu-Li Designs said...

ooohhh, that sounds good.